I love Daisys!

Here's How I'm Doing!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Horrible Blogger

I suck at blogging.  There, it's out there.  I said it and it shows, on the scale.  How in the world did I get here?  I fell off the wagon, rode around in the dirt and finally I think I am ready to get back on the ride.  I was doing so well.  I will spare you guys the horrid details but I have restriction again, thank you God!  Now if I can just get on with the program and get the momentum back that I once had.  Somehow I ended up with all of this junk food in my house over the holidays and I swear I didn't buy it.  I had lots of guest and I suppose that is where it came from.  Why don't you just throw it out Jan?  That's a good question.  For some reason I can't just throw food away.  I feel too guilty, all those little chinese kids out there starving I guess but I just can't throw perfectly good food away no matter how bad it is for me.  So, finally I have nibbled it all away.  I go to the store today to buy more band appropriate food, thank you God!  I have a list and I am not straying from it.  Guys I really need your help, for some reason I am really struggling.  I eat and I feel full but sometimes...I just can not stop putting food in my mouth.  I don't know if I just want something to chew on or if I just like the taste or what the problem is but I just keep on shoveling the slider foods in the pie hole.  Help me, teach me oh great ones!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any sage advice, but I have been there. In fact, just yesterday I was eating a small personal size pizza for lunch (I know, slap my hand), and I had two pieces and felt full. Even a little gurgly. We had a very long relaxing lunch hour and 40 minutes later... I ate the other half of the pizza. Sometimes there is no good reason for these things we do. It's just a mind over matter kind of thing. I wish I would've just put it back in the fridge or thrown it away as soon as I was done the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, if we all had the answers to this we wouldn't be on this journey. You are doing a great job. Keep some positive thoughts. One of the things I do when I know that I am not hungry and just eating is to literally talk to myself out loud. Sometimes I know its not right, but I will guilt myself too. I think about the ladies on the blogs and what they would tell me if they were standing in front of me. None of us are perfect, we just have to keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all get into these ruts from time to time. And once you start it can be so hard to stop again. Restriction helps, but there are many foods that can just slide on through.

    Lap-band is a tool. We still have to do the work. I know you know what to do and I am confident you'll get back to it.

    Sometimes facing the scale is a good first step.

    ReplyDelete