I love Daisys!

Here's How I'm Doing!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The journey continues

Tomorrow marks another step closer towards my goal.  I have my second of seven doctor visits with my PCP.  We will discuss weight and exercise and how I need to do more of both.  This is a conversation I can live without.  I know I need to lose weight and exercise more tell me something that I don't know.  I did find out from my parents last visit that I am getting a treadmill for my bday.  I am less than excited about this.  A treadmill to me is probably the most boring thing on the planet.  It will take a lot of work and mental focus for me to succeed on a treadmill.  It isn't the walking that is hard, it is the fact that I am walking but I'm not going anywhere.  Where is the joy in that I ask you?  At least when I'm walking down the street I can see what the neighbors are up to.  I feel the same way about walking in circles at a track.  All that work and you don't go anywhere.  I really need to get my mind wrapped around this treadmill thing and learn to embrace it.  I know I need it I just don't really want it.  I tried to tell my mom that it is difficult to walk when you weigh (slight mumble) pounds, heck it's hard to get out of bed!  Oh well, I know that this isn't forever and soon the thin person inside will be able to get out.  You know it's funny, I don't think of myself as obese.  Oh sure I know I'm overweight but I think I'm more chubby than flat out obese.  Lord help me through this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment