I love Daisys!

Here's How I'm Doing!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Should I, could I?

Well folks, it seems 2010 has been a banner year for me!  I got my lap band, I got a promotion and if all goes well I may...get a house!  Can you believe it?  A home of my own?  I found the cutestest little house just down the block from my best friend!  Could it get any better?  I have been oogling over the house for a while and Friday I finally got the nerve to call the realtor and have a little look see for myself.  My BFF went with me and ya'll (I'm from Georgia so it is perfectly acceptable to say ya'll) it is too cute!  It has pine floors throughout, I hate carpet-I believe it is from Satan.  It was built in 1946 and has the original doors, cute little cubbie hole cabinets and is in really great shape.  The only thing is this...the previous owner died there...and wasn't found for 3 days.  It doesn't bother me but I wonder what the neighbors will think.  OMG!  I have become my mother.  Anywho, I am calling a mortgage lender on Monday and hopefully we can work something out.  The realtor said that she doesn't have any other offers on it and she is going to be out with her grandkids til Thursday.  Maybe time is on my side!  Well, it has been on the market since April.  Maybe the old man dying there has something to do with why it hasn't sold.  Some folks down here in the deep south are kinda superstitious.  Yay me!  I'm not!  Pray for wisdom and that if it's meant to be then everything will work out.  If it isn't meant for me to have this adorable little house then pray that I will accept it like a grown up.  Meaning I won't run out to Dairy Queen and order 1/2 the menu while crying over the house that wasn't meant to be.  Gosh I'm nervous.  Have a great Monday!  It's Columbus Day!  Crap!  The bank won't be open, my mortgage lender works at realtor's office...I hope she's in tomorrow.  Now, I just need to find the love of my life and I'll be all set!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on the house. A lick of paint and a good cleaning will rid the last remnants of the previous dead guy. Good deals don't come along every day. I think it is karma. Or maybe the previous owner sending out his wishes for a good person to live in his house. OOOOOOWWWWWW. Maybe you can move in on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! can you post some pics? i love house hunting...hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous. Some people have the baby bug...I have the house bug. And it's KILLING ME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Don't worry one bit about someone passing away in the house. I'm sure the neighbors will be happy to see ANYONE living there again if it has been vacant since April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the house! I am very superstitious, but it still wouldn't stop me from buying that particular house. And I agree with Amanda -- I'm sure people will be happy to have someone living there again!

    ReplyDelete