I love Daisys!

Here's How I'm Doing!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Somebody Help Me!!

Well, I am still here.  I'm just waiting for time to pass.  I need help because I have fallen off the good eating band wagon.  Fallen off, getting drug (or is it dragged?) along behind the wagon is a more accurate statement.  I was doing so good for so long that I'm not exactly sure what happened.  I was eating my cheerios with blueberries (good for the heart and cholestrol) soy milk (did you know that humans are the only mammals that drink other mammals milk?) and sandwich thins with homemade jam.  Sure it wasn't perfect but hey it was better than the chocolate chip pancakes I really wanted to eat!  I was also eating spinach salad with almonds, fruit and tuna for protein.  I was really doing a great job! Today I had 2 rather large slices of sourdough with butter and jam, fried chicken, french fries, mixed veggies (out of guilt) and I'm wondering if there is any chocolate close by??  I think I might need to do a good colon cleanse.  Those really get me inspired to eat better.  Maybe it's the flushing out of the old yucky stuff and not wanting to replace it so quickly that inspires me to eat healthier.  I don't know but something has to give.  I have an apple to eat but I don't think that it will do the trick.  I want need chocolate, it is a biological necessity at this point.

6 comments:

  1. Just keep up the good work! I know it must be really hard! I can only guess, as I didn't have to go through a three or six month Nutritional Diet!!

    However, I can sort of understand as I am in Bandster Hell right now!! Meaning that, although I have the Band, I don't have the restriction I need, so I am having to use will power to not eat everything in sight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hang in there! The six months are almost up! Then you can concentrate on getting the Surgery approved and scheduled. And it is fantastic that your Surgery will be paid for 90%!! Mine was only 80% and we thought that was good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to following your blog. Not sure on where you are in ur process. But what I have learned is tomorrow is another day. I can be really hard on myself for following off the wagon but have gotten better at saying oh well tomorrow start fresh. I have learned to have all things naughty out of the house and that works for me. When I am out I know where that I can eat. When at family members houses that makes it harder. I try but sometimes give in. I try not to be hard on myself. All a big learning. I am trying to stay away from the diet mentality..

    Hope you are feeling a bit better.

    www.bandsterjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, just found your blog - Debi of http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com sent us your way for some support. I know how slow time goes while waiting for the band. I'm about 2 1/2 months into my 6-month pre-op nutritional counseling. All I do is think about the band, how great it will be to get the band, how scared I am to get the band, how I hope to get approved for the band, etc and so on. Just shake today off and get back on track tomorrow. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, there - Debi of http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/ mentioned on her blog that you needed some support. I know how slowly time goes by while waiting for the band. I'm about 2 months into my 6-month nutritional counseling sessions required by my insurance. All I think about is how badly I want the band, how scared I am of the band, will I get approved for the band, when will my surgery date be for the band, etc, etc, and so on. You get the point. Anyway, shake today's eating off and get back on track tomorrow. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help, we can't leave you a comment.

    ReplyDelete