I love Daisys!

Here's How I'm Doing!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Fever has hit.

Welcome Spring!  My two favorite dogs and I have spent the entire morning outside.  They hid while I tried to seek them.  What really happened was this, we live in an apartment and we have an area behind the complex (there are only 8 apartments) that has a 6 foot privacy fence.  Well, Maggie and Sassy were having a grand old time running amuck while I played with my cell phone.  You know downloading ringtones and such.  Anyway, the last thing I saw was Maggie crawing under the fence in a place where the fence didn't quite meet the ground.  Did I mention that my dogs are doxie mixes?  That being said, they are low riders so crawling under things isn't a problem.  But I digress.  I let them play in the neighbors yard for a few minutes because I could see them running back and forth and I really didn't think it a problem.  After a bit I noticed they had become interested in something so, like a good mother I walked over to investigate the situtation.  Let me just say that I was not completely aware that my neighbor had a garden and that my dogs would actually try to dig vegetables out of the ground.  So I called my dogs, so much for obediance training.  They both looked at me with dirt on their noses and went back to digging.  I called them a bit more forcefully and they ignored me.  My problem at this point is how am I going to get into my neighbors back yard?  I run up to my apartment, thank God I live on the second floor so I can get an arial view of the situation.  By the time I reach my apartment they have moved on to the next house for more destruction.  From half a block away I can see my two little angels demon dogs rolling around in a pile...is that sand? manure? top soil?  I have no idea but they are rolling in it with gusto.  I yell at my dogs as quietly as possible, did I mention it is 7:30 on a Saturday morning?  Luckily one of them comes to her senses and speeds my way.  Unfortunately by the time I arrive downstairs on the scene she has already left.  I realize I must take drastic action, I'm going to have to drive the car around the block to gather my wayward children.  While I trot downstairs, wait a minute I'm 200 plus pounds I ain't trotting anywhere.  While I head downstairs to get the vehicle ready for wet muddy dogs who should appear in the parking lot?  Missing in action dog #2, she's the ringleader I suspect.  How in the heck did she get here and where is the other one?  I run to the end of the parking lot and find dog #1 munching away on only God knows what and a wrapper.  Luckily I had enough forethought to bring some treats with me.  They fall for it.  So, back upstairs we go.  I have renamed my little girls from Maggie and Sassy to Thelma and Louise.  I think it fits, they have murdered my socks, undies, blankets, their beds, stuffed toys, and various other items.  They have been on the run and avoided capture.  They just have a happier ending.  So we end our memorable morning sitting out on the deck, soaking up the sun, on the second floor...with the door closed of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment